Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Graph To Think About

With the start of Fanfest less than two hours away as I type this post, I thought I'd take a chance to either look really smart or look like a complete economic fool. Here's a graph of the price of PLEX sold in Jita over the past 13 months.

The price of PLEX sold in Jita, 1 Feb 2014 - 18 March 2015
The current 13-month trend line shows continued growth. However, the price of PLEX has basically plateaued around the 800 million ISK mark so far in 2015. Looking at the graph, I think the market reached the plateau at the end of July or beginning of August and the only reason people don't realize the fact is due to the speculation bubble that occurred from mid-October to mid-December.

Admittedly, I look at the PLEX market a little differently than others. I don't look at the ISK value of PLEX. I look at the real-world currency value of purchasing EVE's virtual currency in 1 billion ISK lots. I also am monitoring the black market, or secondary RMT market to use a scholarly term, so I also am looking at additional factors and events that could influence the primary market.

Personally, I think the trend has shifted. I can't wait until Friday to see if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment