Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

An Interesting Question

I haven't felt well the past two days, but I'm powering through.  I wasn't going to make a post today until I saw this tweet from Ripard Teg.


In connection with the revelations about U.S. and British intelligence implanting agents inside of select video games, that could explain why EVE Online was left off the list.  If someone is recruiting inside a game, it helps a person's stature, and thus effectiveness, if the person is good at the game.  But the recruiter also needs to be an attractive figure to the recruit to suck them from the virtual world into the real world.  So a softer, kinder atmosphere like World of Warcraft might prove a more fertile field for recruitment.  Well, that and region locked shards.  In WoW a recruiter is pretty sure where a potential recruit is from.  Helps streamline the process.

Of course, I'm probably way off base.  For this subject we should wait for someone like The Mittani to give an opinion.  While he's not a "professional", he does have a lot of experience in virtual world intelligence gathering, including the recruitment and handling of spies.

And as for the actual subject of Ripard's tweet?  Well, have I ever said I played EVE correctly?

EDIT:  For those who pointed it out, yes I know the "revelations" first came out in 2008.  I had a splitting headache when I wrote this.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. I suddenl find myself justifiably proud of my non L33T Status and crappy gameplay... who knew? LOL

    ReplyDelete