Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2016

This Time I Mean It

Tomorrow I head to the airport and fly off to Iceland to attend Fanfest. Instead of feeling excited, I feel kind of disgusted. That sense of something evil lingering in the background has bothered me for a couple of weeks. I finally figured out the problem. Against my own advice, I fell into the habit of visiting r/eve again.

Reddit in general, and r/eve in particular, are bad places to go. The EVE Online sub-reddit is capable of sucking the enjoyment of EVE out of a person faster than an officer-fit Bhaalgorn can drain the capacitor from an Atron. But the war to end all wars erupted and I found myself reading the posts looking for news. Oh, I found news, but I also found the usual collection of hatred, poison, and ignorance that drove me out last year.

In 2015, CCP felt the wrath of the internet hordes. Now, during the war, the target is the Imperium. The one constant is that the denizens of r/eve will aim their vile focus on someone. I'm not going to wait around to see who the mob chooses as its next victim after the Imperium falls. I am outta there.

No comments:

Post a Comment