Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Alsbeth Is Coming

One of the problems I have is that with my schedule, I sometimes don't have time to play RIFT.  I'm going to have to take a break from researching blueprints and hauling PI products around to take part RIFT's first world event.  After all, I play on the Alsbeth shard and the shard's namesake is the star.  Here is the press release:
30-Day Update Heralds Massive Invasions, Unique Loot, and New Epic Raid Zone

Trion Worlds today announced the first worldwide, fully dynamic conflict event for the immensely successful MMORPG, RIFT™. The battle for Telara intensifies as world-changing invasions from the Plane of Death engulf the planet, giving Ascended heroes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a key moment in the game’s history. Beginning March 30th, players will witness the true power of Regulos the Destroyer, and the world of RIFT will never be the same.

This robust update comes less than a month after the game’s March 1st launch, making it one of the most aggressive post-launch content releases ever for a new MMORPG.

Unprecedented Invasions & Exclusive Rewards

Starting next Wednesday, Alsbeth the Discordant will lead massive invasions across every zone in Telara, raising legions of liches, ettins, and gravemakers to battle Ascended. Over the course of about a week, participating players of any level fighting these invaders can earn hundreds of new items including exclusive rewards, such as a Spectral Horse and a transmogrifying disguise that turns Ascended into the rotting undead. But be warned: once the rifts are sealed, these items are gone forever.

Raid Zone: River of Souls

If Ascended are successful in their efforts to drive back the invasions, they can journey to the “River of Souls” 20-man raid zone at the edge of the Plane of Death where Alsbeth the Discordant is reanimating the recently departed and recruiting them into Regulos’ army. Guardian and Defiant heroes will have to wade through these decaying hordes to reach Alsbeth and make her account for her abhorrent crimes.
I also hear that some class balancing (i.e. nerfs) are going to happen too.  I've linked the alpha notes and I'm really waiting to see what happens.  One good thing about not playing a lot is that I really haven't leveled very high (my highest character is level 20) so my game play really shouldn't change much.  But because my crafting isn't that high, I can only make 6 slot bags.  With all the one-time goodies, I need more bag space!

No comments:

Post a Comment